Warning signs of gum disease:
Healthy gums are the foundation for healthy teeth and are light pink in colour.
A person with gum disease might notice:
- Gums bleeding during brushing.
- Swollen, red or tender gums.
- Longer teeth due to gum recession.
- Loose teeth.
- Change is position of teeth.
- Change in the way your teeth fit when you bite.
- Bad breath or bad taste.
What can I do to prevent gum disease?
Brushing and flossing twice a day along with visiting your dentist and hygienist regularly can help prevent gum disease from developing.
The major benefits of gum health are:
- The prevention of bleeding gums and tooth sensitivity.
- The prevention of bad breath.
- Being able to smile with confidence.
- Being able to keep your teeth for the rest of your life.